Summer is a fabulous time to propose, with the warm weather opening the door to an exciting range of different settings.
Sydney offers a diversity of landscapes, from gardens and harbour-side beaches to riversides and bushland, which can form a gorgeous backdrop for a special proposal to your loved one.
Whatever you choose to do, your proposal is an occasion you will both remember and treasure forever.
Where to pop the question and present the engagement ring
While proposing on the Sydney Harbour Bridge is always a popular choice, there’s myriad other Sydney locations for you to consider.
- Queens Beach – offering beautiful views of the Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Rose Bay, this quiet beach forms part of the Sydney Harbour National Park. Pack a boutique picnic and proffer the engagement ring in this picturesque area.
- Observatory Hill – the rotunda in the Observatory Hill Park creates the perfect formal setting for your proposal. Its elevated position offers panoramic views of Sydney Harbour, a fantastic backdrop for your proposal. Alternatively, stage your proposal under one of the beautiful trees within the park.
- Chinese Garden of Friendship – open during the day, the garden is located at Darling Harbour and offers a secluded environment where stone, running water, lakes, exotic plants, fish and wildlife combine to create a harmonious, and beautiful environment in which to get down on bended knee.
- Japanese Gardens – located in Chiswick Road Auburn, the traditionally landscaped Japanese Gardens form part of the Auburn Botanic Gardens. Propose in a beautiful setting that combines a Zen garden, azaleas, traditional Japanese bridges, pine trees, a large lake and waterfalls.
- Berry Island Reserve – This grassed, harbourside bushland location in Wollstonecraft offers a gorgeous setting for a memorable breakfast or picnic lunch, even offering up a small beach at low tide for a waterside proposal.
- O Bar and Dining – located in Australia Square 47 levels up, this restaurant offers 360-degree views with contemporary cuisine. Imagine popping the question as the city and the harbour sparkles under a blue summer sky, or is bathed in the glow of the setting sun. Sitting high above Sydney, this is a magical place to ask your loved one for their hand in marriage.
- Sydney Harbour – why not pack a picnic, hire a rowboat and propose in in your favourite area of the harbour? Want a more upmarket experience? Hire your own charter yacht and enjoy an a la carte champagne proposal.
- Lane Cove National Park – this beautiful bushland setting runs adjacent to the Lane Cove River. Spend a day bushwalking, cycling, or kayaking on the river, and finish with a proposal at nearby Tandara, an upmarket camping abode that looks across the beautiful Lane Cove Valley.
- Cockatoo Island – With fantastic views overlooking Sydney Harbour and the Sydney Harbour Bridge, it is Sydney’s largest Island. Day trip, glamp camp or stay in one of the refurbished apartments on this world heritage-listed island for a memorable proposal in a unique setting.
- Catalina Restaurant – Travel via a classic Italian speedboat to Catalina at Rose Bay, where you can propose to your loved one while enjoying fine fare, champagne and spectacular harbour views at one of Sydney’s finest restaurants.
Sydney is at its shining glorious best in summer, just perfect for a romantic and memorable proposal.